||Divisional Financial Controller
||Global Trading and Financial Services
||Excellent Compensation - Full Benefits
||Fluent English/Spanish - Portuguese a plus!
||Reports to: CFO
No. of employees reporting directly or indirectly: 1 plus Sub
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer the Controller will be
responsible for building the financial infrastructure to support a
growth company including accounting, financial reporting, controls and
tax related matters. The Controller will be responsible for
identifying and disseminating accounting policies and procedures, as
well as consolidating financial results on a monthly basis. The
Controller will have direct responsibility for a variety of critical
and sensitive areas within the company, and interface with all
functions within the organization. The
position contemplates a 30%/40% travel time.
- Establishment of all aspects of the financial management plans
- Review the cash position of the company; plans for maintenance of
adequate funds through maintaining accountability for all cash and
financial assets of the company.
- Develop and implement adequate internal financial controls and
financial reporting systems, in accordance with International Generally
Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Manage a global accounting function, including general oversight
of general ledger, accounts receivable, and capital expenditures.
- Establish credit and collection policies and procedures and
monitor performance in order to safeguard company assets.
- Manage the organizations accounting practices, the maintenance of
its fiscal records, and the preparation of its financial reports.
- 10 + years experience in a hands-on operating environment.
The ideal candidate should be an excellent problem solver with a strong
practical business sense, and have a demonstrated ability to analyze
and interpret complex financial issues quickly and accurately.
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA required
- Experience in dealing with corporate governance, i.e. audit
committee and Board of Directors
- High sense of urgency, demonstrated entrepreneurial capability,
and the ability to conceptualize and execute plans quickly.
- Team player with strong analytical, organizational,
communications and leadership skills.
- Proven experience in managing personnel in multiple operating
- Experience in developing/upgrading/installing financial controls
and processes due to a growing organization environment.
- Candidates should be bilingual
English/Spanish; fluency in Portuguese would be an
- Innovative and highly competent: This person will think
strategically and be flexible and collaborative in their style.
- Candidate will maintain a TAKE CHARGE attitude, persistence,
tenacity, and drive focused on accomplishing the Company's
- Leadership: should be an independent thinker who has the
ability to operate in a fast paced environment. Ability and confidence
to set direction and facilitate and develop financial strategies to
meet the business needs. Leads and influences other utilizing
participative management style.
- Technical knowledge: Demonstrates strong technical
knowledge (acumen) regarding financial reporting issues.
Advocates applying sound financial practices to solve strategic
business issues and sustain competitive leadership.
- Communication skills: Personifies an exciting, energetic
presentation style. Possesses outstanding presentation skills,
and verbal communications. Experienced.
||Please include cover letter with salary requirements when responding.
||Must have legal residency.
||For consideration include resume as a Microsoft
Word attachment or as text and submit to Margaret Kurtzman and reference the job title and reference number.
[Home] [About Us] [Search Process] [Contact
[Current Assignments] [Completed Assignments]
||Send mail to email@example.com with questions or comments about this website.
Last modified November 8th, 2000